Goal and Target Staff Meeting
Summary of Content
- Goals are objectives that inspire those who set them to work to achieve something they want, they are motivational.
- A target is often a numerical measure that is a step towards achieving an objective.
- Understanding the difference between goals and targets is essential to effectively motivating and enabling children to set goals, achieve targets and to develop lifelong skills.
- The session includes opportunities for staff to identify ways of supporting children in their SfA group in effectively setting both goals and targets.
How will this benefit staff?
- As a result of this training, staff should be more confident and effective in using goals and targets to motivate children to work to master specific skills, so improving progress and attainment.
- Effective use of goals and targets is an important part of the application of Assessment for Learning in an SfA group and in the wider curriculum.
Who should attend?
- This training is appropriate for all members of staff.
Links to other training
- This training builds on the introduction of AfL in the session on the Cycle of Effective Instruction.
- It provides advice applicable to the development of skills developed throughout all aspects of SfA.